Discover Gloucestershire Ancestors
“A work of the highest quality which will not easily be surpassed”
Heather Forbes, County and Diocesan Archivist, Gloucestershire Archives.
The previous book relating specifically to research into Gloucestershire family history is nearly forty years old now so it seemed that the time was right to bring the process up to date and produce a new version. Much has changed in the intervening years.
After 20 years of researching at Gloucestershire Archives, I have decided to share my expertise and have written the first volume of Discover Gloucestershire Ancestors , a guide to using the archives, a book that can help you to trace all the basic records as well as many of the lesser known documents that exist locally.
Volume 1 was published on 1st March 2012 and, additionally, individual chapters are available for purchase online. When I began researching the book, I found that there was so much information to be included that there was too much material for just one book so it has been split into two parts and Volume 2 of Discover Gloucestershire Ancestors is already in progress. Some chapters for Volume 2 are available now.
Discover Gloucestershire Ancestors ….
- is the only F.H. guide using Gloucestershire sources
- holds the key to unlock the treasures in the archives
- covers the basics for beginners
- provides new sources for those seeking background information
- offers hope to those who have hit the brick wall
- is full of tables, illustrations, maps and examples
- includes a full surname, place name and subject index
- to be published 1st March 2012
- ISBN: 978-0-9571440-0-2.
- 256 pages.
- Price £14.99 plus p&p as shown
See what’s in Discover Gloucestershire Ancestors – Volume 1.
- in progress.
See what’s already available in Discover Gloucestershire Ancestors – Volume 2.